Sell a Home
The first step to selling your home is to find out how much it is worth! Call or email me today to set up an appointment for a FREE CMA (Comparative Market Analysis).
I will come out to see your home and will assess its value based upon other similar homes that have recently sold. This initial appointment can be as short as 15 minutes!
5 HOME SELLING TIPS
1. Have a CMA (Comparitive Market Analysis) Done - A comparative market analysis is an evaluation of your home based on other similar homes that have recently sold. I initially come out to look at your property, I note the location, special features, age, condition, size, number of bedrooms/bathrooms and compare it to other homes that have recently sold in the area. At the end of the report, I will give you a suggested price for which you could sell your property.
2. Price Your Home Correctly - This is the most important factor in selling your home! It is important to remember that it's not the real estate agent who determines the list price, nor is it the seller who determines the list price. It's the buyers! If your price doesn't meet the market, buyers will quickly reject it and will move on to the next home. Studies have shown that the longer a home sits on the market, the lower the price at which it is finally sold.
3. Get the House in Showing Condition - Make any repairs around the home, brighten it up and refresh rooms by painting or doing paint touch-ups. Paint the interior trim and doors, remove all clutter/knick-knacks from tables, countertops, shelves, pack up all framed photos, clear out closets, cabinets, remove all unnecessary or larger pieces of furniture to make your rooms appear more spacious, and open the blinds and let in as much natural light as possible! I really enjoy staging a home and I can give you even more tips on getting your home ready to sell! Statistics show that a staged home sells more quickly and also sells for 10-15% more than one that is not staged.
4. Clean, Clean, and Clean Some More - Aside from a staged home, many don't realize that another major secret to selling your home quickly and to getting more money is a gleaming, spotless, spic and span home! Be sure to clean every inch of the house, or hire a professional cleaning company to do it for you.
5. What Do You Love Most About This Home? - Think about what you love most about your home...what was it that attracted you to buy it in the first place? Let's use that info - what you enjoy most about your home is likely what the next buyer will love as well. Maybe the neighborhood is a very close-knit community who throws annual block parties, maybe there is a special path on the street that enables your kids to walk to school, maybe you love how the sunlight fills your kitchen every morning, or how all of the perennial flowers in the yard bloom every spring. I like to find out what you love about your home and highlight these special attributes to make your home stand out, to make it even more appealing and attractive to buyers.